Monday, March 31, 2008

The Fine Art of Juggling Business and Motherhood for Mom Entrepreneurs

Like all projects mother, the two of the most important priorities in my life is my family and my business. Stories. It was always driven person. I know what I need to do to win promotion and my next. I have taken each class and seminar I can express find Help me get ahead. When I was in my early 20 & 39; s, all my colleagues were men in 40 & 39; s. If I kept going, and I certainly have reached the highest level of management. And my desire to campaign for the centre in the corporate world came to scream to stop the daily in late in 1993 - the first day it became Jackie & 39; s my mother. On that day, as all mothers understand, my priorities shifted radically. Life is not all about me " & quot;. I wanted to spend a lot of time with them as I could. Suddenly, work and school was not important. I started looking for opportunities to work from home or part-time for good. It is not easy to juggle business and motherhood. I do not pretend to be an expert. After Jackie was born, I spent many years in the corporate world do not realize there were other opportunities for me. While I was working full time, my continuing concern to me was that everything was missing while my child in day care for 11 hours a day. Because I know children are not little for a short period " & quot;, a cloud of sadness overwhelming constantly hanging over me. In my efforts to overcome this concern, and I was lucky along the way to find several excellent part-time, and I even opportunities for joint action for a year. I have worked in reality only half of the time my daughter (12 years. However, still never occurred to me that I could express to leave the security of a corporate action may belong business.
thankfully, entrepreneurial bug bit me in late in 2002. Now I am in the business My business, and I loved every minute of it. lot and I am pleased I am able to put my schedule around my children& 39;s activities task, and sometimes working with them beside me. that I sat in the recent breakfast with Jackie and asked her when she was pleased with my work schedule . said she was very pleased when I was able to take her to school and pick them up myself and have to attend all important activities. husband, Terry is about to start work full-time in my business, too. while we look forward to being more together, and work together to help building our business, which will be major change in life for us. We son Cole (age three) currently in the day care part time three days a week. last week we discussed some adjustments will need to be made with Terry being home more. commitment made us juggle Cole and interested in working in the remaining two days per week for the next two years to enter kindergarten. we know it is better to Cole, that this time is special time to be with him, and he should it.
i learned many things as Her Mom, I would like to share two of them. the importance of being present. several months ago, I had a breakfast meeting with my business partner and one of our communication with members of the organization. shared members and some of the things he learned in the workshop. I will never forget when he said: " you do not listen, and I had never heard, and you do not hear now ... & quot; He then explained how he realized that he had not been listening to his daughter. Anna understood immediately what he used to say, my heart sank. thought my children. although I always wanted to have as much time possible with them, and I became involved in growing my business. while libel work and family alike, and I stopped listening. Anna may deceive myself and I was very wrong. that I apologize to my daughter that day. has changed immediately, including even little things. For example, while ironing the Stars Jackie had won in me, I have taken the time to talk about how she had gained the Stars. understood how I wanted to miss unless you all this time. working mothers often struggle with the lack of time spend with their children, but when we feel this, every moment we spend with our children can own quality time. value of collective action. one of the most important things that we can do for our families is that the communication open. "I am not afraid to ask for help from my family. try my best contact me at the next table before the deadline. especially when I have a hectic week, and we talk about what is happening, and if temporary, we stress it places on all of us and to address it together. as a team, and we develop a plan of action for the days when I leave early to attend a meeting Breakfast. when I say, I have " Breakfast meeting tomorrow & quot; Everyone knows what to do. for example, may be interested in our son and drops of him in school. family understands my commitment is to them and, if at all possible, and I will attend Breakfast meeting in one week. me communicate with them what is happening in the business and trying to involve them in it, too. We are all in this together. succeeded as business, and we all succeed.you can also help. love to help others, and I continue my journey towards more balanced life, and I want to collect experiences of other projects mothers. type book also Lamy businessmen. comments made of these materials can also be contained in the book. is illusory to share your stories so that we can all help each other a Masters in Fine Arts from libel motherhood. terilee Harrison and business, or work, or is it for Jackie (12), Cole (4). business Amy is Amy assist entrepreneurs to get a life " & quot; since juggle conduct their work and raise their families. for free and materials to know how You can contribute to her next book, businessmen or guide book: more life, less dominated the entrepreneurs Lamy (Wyatt - McKenzie, September 2006), please visit www.thebusinessmom.com. elroy mara



Bookmark it: del.icio.usdigg.comreddit.comnetvouz.comgoogle.comyahoo.comtechnorati.comfurl.netbloglines.comsocialdust.comma.gnolia.comnewsvine.comslashdot.orgsimpy.com

No comments: